Happy Memorial Weekend! There is no better way to celebrate the holiday weekend than with these fun and summery recipes. Whether you are grilling out at home, going to a friend’s house or just staying home relaxing, I’m sure you will find something from this list that you will enjoy:)
Let’s start with cocktails 😉
- My favorite beverage and the official drink of summer or any season… Drumroll please… Aperol Spritz! So delicious and so easy to make!
- 6 oz chilled prosecco
- 3 oz aperol
- club soda
- orange slices
Pour all ingredients but club soda in a wine glass, mix it up! Then top it off with club soda and orange slice. Makes 2 servings!
2. Summer Spritz. For all my white wine lovers.
- 1 bottle sauvignon blanc or white wine of choice
- 6 oz club soda
- 1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries, sliced
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp honey or agave
Pour all ingredients but club soda in a large pitcher and stir well. Chill in the fridge for an hour or two or until ready to serve. Then, top it off with club soda. Makes 4-6 servings.
3. Muddled Strawberry Vodka Soda
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup ice
- 4 oz Wild Roots vodka or any other vodka of choice
- 6 oz club soda
- 1 tsp lime juice
Smash or muddle strawberries in a cup. Add mint, ice, vodka and lime juice to a shaker and shake well. Add to glasses and top with club soda. Garnish with strawberry slices and more mint. Enjoy.
Appetizers and Side Dishes.
- Corn Kale Salad
- 16 oz frozen fire roasted corn
- 1 onion
- 4 cups kale
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 tbsp mayo
- salt and pepper, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder
Thaw out frozen corn first. Then, place it in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, jalapeño and cook for about 5-7 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together parmesan cheese, mayo, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and parsley. Place corn mixture into a bowl, toss with a dressing and combine well. Add more cheese and parsley. Add kale, 1 avocado, lime juice and salt into a separate bowl. Use your hands to massage the kale with the rest of the ingredients. Add kale and corn mixture into a bowl. Add avocado chunks and more cheese of desired. Makes 2 servings.
2. Orzo Pasta Salad. Perfect summer side dish 🙂
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 cucumber diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups peas
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- salt, pepper and italian seasoning to taste
- olive oil and red wine vinegar
Cook orzo according to the package. Set aside and let it cool. In the meantime, chop your veggies. Add orzo and veggies into a bowl. Stir to combine. Once ready to serve, drizzle olive oil and red wine vinegar. Makes 6 servings.
3. Summer Hot Dog
Healthified, loaded with veggies, full of flavor, and so easy to make! You will be eating it all summer long🤤
- 4 chicken sausages @bilinskisausage
- 1 cup mexican corn (i got mine from TJ’s)
- 1 red bell pepper, purple cabbage
- 4 hot dog buns
- green onion
Cook your chicken sausage according to the package. In a medium heat pan, sauté your bell pepper for abour 5 minutes. Set it aside. In a separate pan, cook your Mexican corn for about 7 minutes. Toas your hot dog buns and start to assemble. Place your purple cabbage first, add your hot dog, bell pepper and top with mexican corn and green onion.
4. Prosciutto, Burrata and Peach Crostini. You can serve it either on crackers, naan bread or baguette.
- 1 naan bread, baguette or box of crackers
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 6 ounces burrata cheese
- 1 ripe peach, sliced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cups fresh basil
If you are using bread, cook your bread at 400 for about 5-10 min or until edges of bread start to turn golden brown. Place dollops of burrata on top of crackers or bread. Add the sliced peaches and prosciutto slices on top. Sprinkle with fresh basil and drizzle with honey.