I’m a huge fan of smoothies. Not only because they are delicious but also because it is such an easy way to add lots of colorful veggies and fruits into one meal. Sipping on a nutritious smoothie is one of the best things you can do for your immune system and overall health.
Making the perfect smoothie in 5 steps:
- Choose healthy liquid base first. Include liquids such as plain water, coconut water, yogurt, kefir, nut milk, etc.
- Make it nutrient dense. Add ingredients such as dark leafy greens, superfoods, berries, citrus fruits, etc.
- Make it high in protein by adding protein powder or stick to whole foods such as nuts or seeds.
- Add superfood powder such as honey, coconut oil, bee pollen, ginger, cinnamon, goji berries, spirulina, etc.
- Blend this baby up 😉
Here is immune boosting smoothie I’ve been loving lately 🙂
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup kale
- 1 kiwi
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder
- 1 tsp spirulina
Blend it up until creamy and enjoy all the nutritional goodness!
Get your blender out and start creating. It is one of the easiest ways to make sure your body is getting all the nutrients it needs to stay healthy throughout the year.